Hotel Near Cape Disappointment
Our hotel near Cape Disappointment gives guests easy access to this state park and its famous lighthouse & museum!
Our hotel near Cape Disappointment is just a quick 20-minute drive away!
When exiting the hotel, take a right and head down the 103 for 8.3 miles, eventually merging onto the 101, leading you to your destination.
About The Park
- The Cape Disappointment Light was the first lighthouse in the Pacific North West. Make sure to take a tour during your next visit to the park!
- The area got its interesting name after explorer John Meares was unable to cross the river during his exploration in 1788.
- During the Civil War, forts were established around Cape Disappointment to protect the area against Confederate forces.
- The Cape features freshwater lakes, hiking trails, and salt water marshes, making it the ideal place to spend an afternoon in the great outdoors!
- During the summer, the park is open daily from 10 AM – 5 PM. In the winter, the park is open from Wednesday to Sunday, 10 AM – 5 PM.
- The fee for admission is $5 for all guests 18+, $2.50 for ages 7-17, and all guests 6 and under are free!
- Parking is available at the park. In order to park at Cape Disappointment, you must obtain a Discover Pass.
The Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center
Our hotel near Cape Disappointment also give guests easy access to the Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center! Guests can spend a day exploring artifacts and learning about the duo's travels to the area, from when they set up camp at Fort Clastop to their voyage across the river.